The richly deserved call up to the senior international squad for upcoming World Cup qualifiers against Norway and the Republic of Ireland caps a truly remarkable 6 months for young Linfield goalkeeper Lauren Perry which can be summarised in word and by photos below.
- Lauren, a Linfield supporter and regular attendeee at games with her father Alan, joins Linfield from her hometown club of Ballynahinch.
March 22, 2017
- Lauren makes her senior Linfield first team debut in the opening game of the season - a 5-2 win against Sion Swifts at the Hammer complex. Pictured below in her debut game, she went on to play in all but one of Linfield's league and Cup and champions league games over the course of the season.
April 5, 2017
- Lauren, a pupil at Shimna college in Newcastle, celebrates her 16th birthday.
July 22, 2017
- On the back of excellent, confident and assured performances in goal for Linfield, Lauren makes her under 19 international debut in a 3-1 friendly win against Wales at Ballymena.
July 26, 2017
- Lauren picks up her first senior winners medal - she was named Player of the Match in a 6-3 League Cup final victory against Newry City at Solitude and is pictured below with the League Cup trophy with her dad - assistant manager of Linfield Ladies FC, Alan Perry.
August 8, 2017
- Lauren plays in goal for Northern Ireland under 19s in a 2-0 defeat by Spain at Windsor Park in the opening game of the European Championship tournament. She is pictured in the team photo below.
August 11, 2017
- Lauren plays in the 1-1 draw with Scotland at Mourneview Park. Linfield team mate Louise McDaniel scores the late equaliser.
August 14, 2017
- Lauren produces a string of fine saves in the 6-0 defeat by Germany at Ballymena Showgrounds. BBC tv interview her after her excellent display.
August 22, 2017
- Lauren makes her UEFA Champions League debut at Seaview, as Linfield lose 1-0 to Finns PK-35 Vantaa. One save in particular in the first half from a shot from the edge of the box was quite magnificent. She's pictured in this game below.
August 24, 2017
- Lauren leaves the UEFA Champions League hotel to pick up her GCSE results and sort out a college course for the new academic year.
August 25, 2017
- Lauren produces an exceptional player of the Match display against the full timers of Medyk Konin, as Linfield go down 4-1 to the classy Poles. She's pictured below receiving the Ronnie Morrison sponsored award from Linfield chairman Roy McGivern.
August 26, 2017
- Lauren presents the Linfield man of the Match award to Mark Haughey, following the 1-0 win against Ballymena United at Windsor Park. She's also pictured with Roy Carroll and David Healy at Windsor Park after the game.
August 28, 2017
- Lauren plays in Linfield's final Champions League game - a 3-1 defeat by Shelbourne and at the farewell hotel dinner for the Poles, Finns and Dubiners that evening, she makes the official presentation to UEFA tournament delegate Svetlana Grinkevich of Belarus (below)
August 30, 2017
- Lauren turns in another assured display in goal, as Linfield defeat Newry City 4-1 at Rathmore to win the Danske Bank NIFL Premier League trophy and qualify for next year's UEFA Champions League. She's pictured below with the League trophy and the daughter of the first team coach, David Welshman.
- Lauren is rewarded for a string of top drawer displays for Linfield and Northern Ireland under 19s with a call up to the full international squad for World Cup qualifiers away to Norway on September 15 and at home to the Republic of Ireland on September 19.
It's been a truly astonishing 6 months in the life of 16 year old Lauren Perry - the young Linfield supporter who signed for the club she loves and who helped bring silverware to the club and in the process, earned herself international recognition, not just at underage level but by receiving this fully merited call up to the senior squad.
The best wishes of everyone at Linfield FC are extended to Lauren and her Linfield team mates Chloe McCarron and the vastly experienced Ashley Hutton, as they join up with Alfie Wylie's squad later today, ahead of a flight to Norway on Wednesday and the opening World Cup qualifier there on Friday.
The trio will travel to Norway, having played their part in helping Linfield Ladies to retain their Premier League Champions crown.
Audaces Fortuna Juvat