Match Details
Season :
Date :
3rd December 2019
Competition :
League Cup
Venue :
Windsor Park
Referee :
Andrew Davey
Coleraine Scorers :
Canning 61’, Doherty 79’, Jarvis 81’
Linfield Yellow Card :
Coleraine Yellow Cards :
Lowry, Jarvis
Linfield Team :
Rohan Ferguson (GK), Chris Casement (Jordan Stewart 71’), Josh Robinson, Ryan McGivern, Matthew Clarke, Kirk Millar, Stephen Fallon , Andrew Mitchell (Bastien Hery 56’), Jamie Mulgrew © (Andy Waterworth 74’), Joel Cooper, Shayne Lavery
Linfield Subs not used :
Alex Moore (GK), Trai Hume, Jimmy Callacher, Daniel Reynolds
Coleraine Team :
Chris Johns (GK), Lyndon Kane (Gareth McConaghie 76’), Aaron Canning, Adam Mullan, Aaron Traynor, Stephen Lowry, Aaron Jarvis, Jamie Glackin (Ian Parkhill 83’), Josh Carson, Ben Doherty, Eoin Bradley (James McLaughlin 88’)
A second half onslaught from Coleraine dumped holders Linfield out of the Bet McLean League Cup at the semi-final stage at Windsor Park this evening.

Linfield had the better of the first half but just couldn’t produce the killer instinct in the opening 45 to get the opening goal. Skipper Jamie Mulgrew shrugged off a knock picked up against Larne on Saturday to lead the team out tonight and he almost broke the deadlock after 15 minutes. Matthew Clarke won possession high up and passed it across to Mulgrew on the edge of the box – he hit a powerful strike which whistled just over.

The best chance of the half fell a few minutes before the break for Shayne Lavery when he intercepted a loose back-pass to run through on goal to be faced by Chris Johns who was off his line. Lavery tried to curl the ball up and around the ‘keeper but Johns produced a great reflex save to keep it out.

Soon after, Kirk Millar almost produced something spectacular with an audacious strike which whistled just past the top corner. Stephen Fallon also went close with a good effort when he picked up possession in a pocket of space in the Coleraine half before drilling a strike just wide of the post from 25 yards.

Half Time: Linfield 0 – 0 Coleraine

Coleraine started the second half very brightly and missed two glorious chances within ten minutes. Firstly, Eoin Bradley spun in behind the Linfield back line and pulled the ball back for Ben Doherty in space in the box, however, he dragged his shot wide from close range. Soon after, Bradley did well again to turn and get a pinpoint cross in to the back post where the unmarked midfield runner Aaron Jarvis should have scored, but he headed straight at Rohan Ferguson.

Joel Cooper threatened for Linfield with a good effort after cutting in from the right side but his curling effort was pushed over by Johns in the Coleraine goal.

The opener came for Coleraine on 61 minutes after a spell of pressure. Ben Doherty whipped in a free-kick from the right and Rohan Ferguson came through bodies in the box to get a fist to it under pressure, only for Aaron Canning to nod in the rebound despite claims of a foul on Ferguson when he came to claim the free-kick.

The Blues went to a back three and went in search of a response and looked the more likely to score, but that didn’t prove to be the case. Aaron Canning’s hoof up the park sent Ben Doherty away down the left and his attempted cross took a wicked deflection off Josh Robinson and looped in over Ferguson.

Things went from bad to worse two minutes later when Coleraine added a third. Ben Doherty’s corner was met by the unmarked Aaron Jarvis and he headed in past Ferguson and Fallon on the post, putting the game beyond doubt.

Full Time: Linfield 0 – 3 Coleraine

Match Images

Next Match
No Matches Scheduled
Last Match
Carrick Rangers
Irish Premier League Match Report