Update on tickets for County Antrim Shield Final
Posted : 8th February 2019 at 21:52:46
The postponement of the midweek County Antrim Shield Final in Ballymena was a source of immense frustration for players, officials and supporters of both clubs.
With ongoing concerns about the current state of the Ballymena pitch, Linfield and Crusaders have agreed with the County Antrim FA to toss a coin in the coming days to determine home advantage in the rescheduled Shield decider.
Although the new date is still to be confirmed by the County Antrim FA in the next few days, both Crusaders and Linfield have provisionally agreed on a new date of Tuesday March 12.
Linfield had sold in excess of 1100 of the 1500 tickets provided for the game on its original date and venue and these will remain valid for the rearranged game at either Seaview or Windsor Park.
The remaining tickets are still available for purchase, although all of this club’s allocation of concession tickets have been sold.
There will be some supporters for whom the new date will not be suitable and once the date is confirmed by the County Antrim FA, there will then be an option for refunds for supporters who cannot attend the game on its new date.
Further details will be provided once the venue for this eagerly anticipated game has been confirmed but in the interim, this news item will hopefully provide clarity to the numerous supporters who have sought updates on when and where this game will take place and whether tickets are available or refundable.